The Big Bubble Advenure

Welcome to my Bubble Busker Blog.......

I am a Bubbleologist living in Worcestershire, England.

I travel across the country creating rainbow filled Dreams for young and old.....

This autumn I am planning to travel a bit wider afield.......to Transylvania, Romania (on Halloween!) to Bubble for children, young people and families supported by Love, Light Romania.

I will use this blog to record my journey.

Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday 4th November 2011

I woke up this morning with a sense of awe - was yesterday all a dream? I am so fortunate to have been able to undertake this adventure - even the best planning ever could not have prepared me for the experiences I have had so far - Transylvania is a magical land indeed!

I thank my family and friends for supporting me in this venture.

I have settled into the Sanctuary, the young people, staff and volunteers here have made me so welcome, luckily most of them can speak English and my knowledge of Makaton, albeit limited, is proving very useful when communicating with those who can't.

The Sanctuary is in Ighisu Nou - a small village not far from Medias.......





It is currently home to 9 young people, all of whom have been infected or affected by HIV


It is a warm, welcoming environment, Jo and Ron have worked incredibly hard to provide facilities for all the young people who have come through the door.

(Alex aged 4)
The service also provides respite and outreach - some examples of which I have already described.


The village is quiet and peaceful, surrounded by hills .....


Persida and Cristi attend the local school.......


.......this morning I went with them to share the Bubbles.


Persida and Cristi helped me with the demonstrations


- which we did twice - once for juniors, then again for seniors (different playgrounds)


The site was well and truly Bubbled


and everyone got to 'have a go'

I am now getting quite experienced at Bubble workshops - even trickier when you can't speak the language!


No comments:

Post a Comment