The Big Bubble Advenure

Welcome to my Bubble Busker Blog.......

I am a Bubbleologist living in Worcestershire, England.

I travel across the country creating rainbow filled Dreams for young and old.....

This autumn I am planning to travel a bit wider afield.......to Transylvania, Romania (on Halloween!) to Bubble for children, young people and families supported by Love, Light Romania.

I will use this blog to record my journey.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Arriving in Transylvania

After an overnight stay in a hotel at Luton airport, I got up at 3.30am to get to the airport and check in for the flight. I was delighted to find that Wizz Airlines have purple planes!

My plane ready for boarding

The flight was good (it is so nice when everything goes according to plan!) and we were met at the airport by Rob, Rich and Chip (one of the service users who lives at the Sanctuary).

After stopping off to buy some bamboo canes for Bubble wands, we drove for an hour and a half and finally arrived at the Sanctuary

THe yard was lit up with abouut 20 pumpkins and the residents were putting on their Halloween costumes.  They knew that soemone was coming to stay, but had no idea about the Bubbbles. There are 9 residents in all, but one had been admitted to hospital shortly before I arrived, their ages ranging from 4 to 23.

As I mixed up Bubble solution and tied string to sticks, they ran around me fascinated and asking what Iwas going to do - I told them it was Magic and they would have to wait and see....

We were joined by Spiderman and a Gorilla and piled into two 4x4 vehicles (driven by Ron and Jo) and set off up the mountains.
It was a surreal experience, still jet lagged from the flight, here I was at last, dring through a forest up the side of a mountain (all off roading!) in a vehicle with Mickey Mouse, a magician, 2 Spidermen (young and old) and a Gorilla - my costume seemed quite tame in comparison.

When we finally got to the top, I got out the buckets and started to Bubble, the children were amazed, Rich took loads of photos along with some film - you can see a short clip here....

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE7fG4QQboA&hd=1

Everyone wanted to have a go and it seems I have found some excellent Bubbleologists here in Romania....



As darkness fell, we drove back to the Sanctuary, the young people chilled out and prepared for bed......Jo and I went to the supermarket to buy provisions, taking Spiderman and the Gorilla with us, just for a laugh (more photos to follow).

No comments:

Post a Comment